2012 CLS Application Procedures
All applicants must meet the following requirements
•Must have Wright Brothers Award
- (As shown on eServices by 31 MAY 2012)
- C/Airmen to C/Senior Airmen will receive conditional approval until they obtain their Wright Brothers Award
•Must have Encampment Credit
NOTE: Please do not let financial issues prevent you from attending this program. If you need assistance please contact the CLS staff.
Applicant InformationApplicants must register electronically, complete the following requirements, and send them to the NJW CLS via email no later than 31 MAY 12. The information you submit will be utilized in the student selection process.
Those cadets who submit an application will receive a confirmation with further instructions.
Step 1: Applicants must submit the following information
- Physical Fitness Validation form
- One page resume
- One letter of recommendation from a Squadron Commander or Squadron Deputy Commander
- One letter of recommendation from a non-CAP, non-family member
- Two page maximum, double spaced essay on one of the topics listed below:
- If you could, what is the one thing you would like to change in the CAP cadet program? Why and how would you do it?
- Where do you plan on being in 10 years? How will you get there and what tools (education, experience, etc) do you plan on using?
- What would you say is your biggest strength in your leadership / management style? What is your main weakness when it comes to leading / managing?
EMAIL SCANNED PAPERWORK TO:
Ensure that you include your CAPID and email address on your resume. Each applicant will receive an email confirming that their application package has been received. If an applicant does not receive an email within 72 hours, your package has not been received.
You are required to hand-carry a completed CAPF-31 to the CLS. Do not submit a CAPF-31 with the above application. Cadets outside of NJW require their wing commander’s signature on the hand-carried CAPF-31.